Thursday, April 22, 2010

Maintenance!!!

Ok. I'll be honest--starting maintenance off HCG was WAYYYYYY scarier than going on HCG.  Lots of choices, and just so much MORE of each choice than I had gotten kind of used to for the previous 45 days.  I was NOT happy starting up maintenance. 

Well, I am on day 9 I think it is (still keeping my journal, but it is not with me at the compyuter) and I have been KEEPING STEADY!!!  I actually am under my last weight with drops by about -2 pounds. 

I have been eating breakfast out several mornings, but I always choose egg beaters or whites, and get turkey-based sausage or bacon if they have it. No hashbrowns or grits, no bread.  Basically, good stuff and coffee with half and half.

So--to all of you who are following me--keep at it!  Maintenance works!  Just stay away from those added sugars and starches!

I even had hotwings last night for dinner! (5 of them from Pluckers in Dallas)) and a caesar salad and some celery sticks.  Felt NOTHING like dieting, but woke up this morning with a .4 loss over night!

Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the idea of the maintenance phase that scares me too!
    I have not started yet--I am preparing. Did you really pig out the first two days?? Do you do that while taking the HCG the first two days or just the two days before you start the drops?? I am looking for a copy of the Red Book--have one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, first two days of drops you eat the fattest foods you can. Supposedly it helps you for the first couple days of the low calorie diet, but I felt horrible the first 2 days of 500 calories.
    I start round 2 of drops in a week and I'm not really looking forward to eating that kind of junk any more, but maybe it can be the last time.
    And yes, I can lend you the red book, but you will need to post your email address for me.

    ReplyDelete