OK--I never figured so many people would want to know what was going on with me. I'm on summer vacation from teaching, but I'm doing research each day at a local university---so I've been busy.
Here is what is going on---I stopped drops after 21 days for round 2. I had WANTED to go another 45. However, my hair has been falling out steadily since about half-way through maintenance after round 1. I started a Biotin shampoo and a Biotin supplement a couple weeks ago. I didn't see any change until about today---but as my physics/math honey so nicely pointed out--"well--so much has fallen out--maybe you just can't keep having so much each day!" So, we will see. I did tell him I'd rather be thin than be bald--I can buy a wig. If Tyra can do it, I can do it. Besides--and I want to stress this for new HCG users out there--the drops do NOT cause this. ANY SORT OF RAPID WEIGHTLOSS will result in hair loss--you can google it and see for yourself. I expect it to come back ::::fingers crossed:::::
So, I ended round 2 early and went into maintenance and have done well. I have definitely been up and down for the first 17 days of maintenance--but only just barely went over the dreaded 2 pound limit. However, I don't know about the rest of you, but (excuse my bluntness) I just don't POO very often. I can go 4, 5, 6 days....so obviously the scale will go up up up if you take in mass and don't expel mass.
So I've started really doing the Smooth Move Tea every other day or so and I think I have now gotten myself quasi regular...and I'm proud to announce that even today, day 17 of maintenance, that my weight is exactly the same as LDW. So my total weight loss since I started is 53.4.
I don't know that I will do another round even though I'm in the very low 160s now. I feel that now that my system has become more regular that weight will continue to drop off me like it did my first time on maintenance.....and I want to lose more slowly so that a) my hair will grow and not fall out and b) not burn through clothing sizes so fast!! lol
Besides, my BF loves me at this weight and most people think I'm another 20 - 30 pounds lighter than I really am.
I'm spending more time at the gym to try and tone up my upper 'batwings' and my abdominal area. A boob job/lift is definitely in my future. LOL. ::sigh:: the hidden costs of weight loss!
take care and good luck!
I will post graphs and more pics later.
Joy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Joy, I have enjoyed reading your blog, it was such an inspiration. I started my 1st round today and hope I do as well as you have. I am a hairstylist and if you are still having issues with hair loss, you might want to try Arbonne's Omega 3 Plus. It is vegan and plan friendly for the HCG diet. Good luck.
ReplyDelete