Monday, March 1, 2010

Dinner Tonight

Dinner: Shrimp Gumbo

This was a recipe out of the 101 HCG Recipe Book.  Shrimp Gumbo. A note to all--I think there is a typo in the amount of Stevia used. It says 1-2 packets. I think MAYBE 1/2 a packet is all that is needed to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. Other than that, it was spicy and felt a lot like cheating! I also had two garlic Melba Rounds and a handful of strawberries.

I was asked for the recipe--here it is:

Recipe from 101 HCG Recipe book: 

100 grams seafood (any combination of shrimp, scallops, lobster, or whitefish)
1 clove chopped garlic                      1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 large Roma tomatoes, chopped      1/8 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp onion salt                              1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp Creole seasoning              1/2 packet of Stevia (or more to taste)

Saute seafod with chopped garlic over high heat until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
1 serving protein and vegetable.

Very delicious.  Go easy on the Stevia.  This was quite spicy--and I love spicy--but if you don't, be careful with the cayenne.

good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Made this tonight as I needed a change from chicken and beef. It was soooo good. I made it with the whole serving of stevia (cuz I kind of like sweet). I don't usually like spicy but this was still not too hot for me. My husband was really glad for the change too (he is also doing the diet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I'm catching up. Can you please share this recipe along with your alterations of it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete